Donate

To Donate to Nathan Allison's Future Film Production Education Please Click Below

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Week 4- Steve Long - Healing

Steve started out his presentation on healing with this bold statement "God's will is to heal everyone, everywhere, all the time." If Jesus, who is our embodiment of God's will, never turned anyone away who was seeking healing why would we ever conclude that God does not want us healed. I liked this style of teaching because he was basically daring us to believe in God's goodness. He also said that when it comes to healing and the supernatural we have two sources to base our faith on, either on God's word or our experience.
The reality is that many of us have life experiences that cause us to scream the why question to God. Maybe you personally have never done this but I know I have. Different teachers have come up with different reasons for people not getting healed. Two of the most common reasons given are lack of faith and unforgiveness. Consider the possibility that God's own faithfulness can over-ride the lack of faith both of the person praying and the one receiving prayer. I love this possibility and many of us who practice praying for the sick, I am sure, can relate to it.
The first hurdle we need to get past are the lies that we have believed. Here is a list of common lies that people believe about God's will to heal
1. God is working on my character
2. God is teaching me a lesson through this sickness illness (while God can use all things do you really believe that this is the reason you are sick)
3. Everyone's got to die of something
4. It's not my time to be healed
5. I do not have enough faith

God desires to heal you. Step into this story. Matt 8:1-3 "Jesus came down the mountain with the cheers of the crowd still ringing in his ears. Then a leper appeared and went to his knees before Jesus, praying, "Master, if you want to, you can heal my body." Jesus reached out and touched him, saying, "I want to. Be clean." Then and there, all signs of the leprosy were gone.
Take notice that Jesus said he I want and then spoke to the leaper saying "Be Clean." Astonishing story eh?

I challenge you to see if any of these lies have influenced your life and relationship with God. If so ask God for the truths that will replaced these lies so you can get on living the abundant life Jesus promised you. (John 10:10)


No comments:

Post a Comment