Donate

To Donate to Nathan Allison's Future Film Production Education Please Click Below

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Week 5 - Jeremy & Connie Sinnot - Worship As A Lifestyle


The first question you have to answer is what is worship to you? I can give you a definition but I believe it would be more valuable to you if you started to define one on your own. This brings me to my first point. Worship is a personal way of life. Have you ever been in a corporate setting where songs and music were being played and one person is laying on the floor weeping and another is shouting for joy. Where one person can barely stand up under the weighty Kabod of God's glory and another is striving to feel something desperately. My view on worship is very much in the context my own culture. It is very individualistic.
John 4:23 "Yet the hour is coming, and is now here, when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth. Indeed, the Father is looking for people like that to worship him." Jeremy came with this message that worship is the highest calling of the bride of Jesus Christ. He pointed out that the great commandment came before the great commission. The Holy Spirit has recently been speaking to me about this. He asked how can you introduce people to me if you do not know me? It has got to look more like falling in love and less like learning about a person in a book. How can you live a lifestyle of love with out being in love?
I believe worship is a choice that becomes an addiction to God's presence. We each seem to fall out of thanksgiving and into complaining. This reminds me of the intentional way Connie, Jeremy's wife, changed her lifestyle. She decided to thank God for who He is every 10 minutes. She has found that by doing this, living in God's presence is easy.
If you want a life that thrives instead of stagnates, then become a lover. Lovers will always outperform employees. God is looking for lovers. He is looking for investors who will invest their lives into people. This too is worship. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind and love your neighbor at yourself. This is a good place to start. This journey called worship does not end here though, it grows deeper like strong roots of love in your heart. It enables you to love your enemies with a sincere heart. It compels you to know God for who He really is, so you can begin to see people for who they really are.
By simply being you are worship. I can feel the resistance to the simplicity of this already. We are taught from an early age that love is earned not inherent in our being. Jesus intentional used the analogy of being born again because a baby does not do anything to be loved. It is simply loved because he or she is in the family. Try reading Psalms 139 and ask God, how have you made me? why do you like me? what about me, causes you to smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment